In case you’re being pitched to by a social media expert or you’re thinking of handing over your company’s money to a social media guru, here are some things to ask them. Oh, and I included social media ninjas too because you never know when they will strike!
1. Did your studies of the ancient guru or ninja arts take place on a remote mountaintop in Asia or at Florida State?
2. How long ago did you stop being a PR Guru?
3. Does that gmail address on your business card mean you’re too cool to have a real company email?
4. How much of your clients’ revenue increases are a direct result of your work? The metric I’m looking for here is called US Dollars.
5. According to Twitter, you have fewer followers than I do. Or anyone in my company. Or most of the consumers with whom we intend to engage. So, uh, how long have you been an expert?