The International Franchise Association’s annual convention returns to Las Vegas in February 16 – 20. As you get ready for the show, here’s a list of gear you’ll want to remember.
What to bring:
1. Business cards. Yes, we still use those. No one really wants to tap phones to exchange contact information because that’s just weird.
2. Hand sanitizer. You really don’t want this flu bug that’s taking people out of work for a week at a time. It’s killing our economy faster than Obamacare, which is ironic.
Stop by the Engage121 booth in the exhibit hall. We’ll have plenty to share. In fact, let’s all bathe in the stuff.
3. A pen. Because, no, I don’t have an extra pen. You would probably just get flu germs on it.
4. Your power cords. A colleague of mine forgot his and headed off to find the Apple Store in Las Vegas during the 2011 IFA. We’re still waiting for him to return.
5. All of the cash you plan on using. Nothing good happens after going to an ATM in a Las Vegas casino.
A few things to do before the show:
1. Download the IFA Mobile App
2. RSVP to the IFA Tweetup on Saturday 2/16
3. Sign up for The IFA’s new social network, FranSocial
4. Like Engage121 on Facebook. The Engage121 team will be posting live updates all week during the show.
5. Get a flu shot! (see above)